Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Homesickness

I'm homesick, but Calgary is not the place I'm missing. The homesickness I'm experiencing is the yearning I have to be with my family. But my family is scattered everywhere, my mom's in Calgary, and my grandparents are in Hong Kong. The place I feel most like home is in neither of these places, I don't feel like I've had a proper home in years. When I'm in Calgary with my mom, I have all my things with me, like clothes, belongings, etc, but I don't feel like my whole family's with me. I miss my grandparents. When I'm in Hong Kong with my grandparents and my mom, I'm really happy, but at the same time, I don't feel like I fit in in Hong Kong, because the culture is so different there. I really don't know where I fit in, and when I'm homesick, it feels even worse, because I know there's no place in this world I can feel at home. I'm really scared that when my grandparents and my mom leave me I'll be all alone in this world. I don't really ever see myself finding my significant other because I can't trust people. And although I'm a Christian and I should feel God with me all the time, I still need human companionship, but to a certain extent. I'm an introvert for sure, being with people too much tires me out so much. I wish I could find someone really similar to me, introvert, but seeks human companionship "sometimes", with the same values as I have. Is that too much to ask for?